Published On: Sun, Sep 23rd, 2012

The editor’s letter

Hi everyone, and welcome to my first editor’s letter.

Over the coming year I’ll be bringing you lots of exciting news about what’s on around campus and what you should check out here at LSMedia.

Welcome Week has been huge this year and today we met lots of you at Welcome Fair. Take a look at our live blog to see what all the societies were up to.

Mello Mello has been threatened with closure this week. With culture at the centre of our city and the Biennial taking place over the next few months, there has never been a better time to defend the arts in Liverpool.

I really enjoyed Alex’s take on the state of student media and couldn’t help but agree with Adam’s review of this week’s Doctor Who, The Power of Three.

This week, there is so much happening at LGoS despite the start of lectures. On Monday, the Yellow Duckmarine Tour is a definite must for those getting to know Liverpool – I have to admit I’ve never been so I might be joining you! Tickets are £10, set off from the Guild at 3pm.

At 7pm on Monday, learn CPR and the recovery position at a free first aid taster in the Harold Wilson Room.

The Grub Crawl on Wednesday will take in all the culinary delights of Liverpool, meeting at LGoS at 6pm. If an evening of theatre is more your style, head along to Fresher: The Musical!

There are lots of welcome meetings to go to this week, details of which can be found by scrolling back through the Welcome Fair live blog. I definitely recommend heading along to as many as possible for a great uni experience.

If you’re interested in getting involved with LSMedia this year, come along to our welcome meeting tomorrow, Monday 24th September at 5pm in the Guild Library.

If you want to know more or just want to get in touch, email editor@liverpoolstudentmedia.com

Have a great week!

About the Author

- Millie is in her fourth year at UoL, studying an MA in Politics and the Mass Media. During her time here she has been involved with English Society, Debating Society, Student Council and LSMedia, where she was a News Editor for 18 months before taking the role of Editor-in-Chief. She is a lover of all things political, has written for a local newspaper and runs three blogs. Originally from Gloucestershire, she is happiest in her wellies, but loves Liverpool for its live music, art and cocktails. Her weaknesses are old Penguin books, cameras and a good cup of tea.