Published On: Thu, Nov 3rd, 2011

Liverpool Student Media: Occupied!

The tents have been erected, the placards propped and the campfire ignited; LSMedia has been Occupied!
As of 27/10/2011 we will be co-existing with the peaceful protesters of the ‘#OccupyLiverpool / We are the 99%’ movement for an indefinite period of time;  here at LiverpoolStudentMedia.com

We are encouraging anyone with opinions, photo’s, video’s or links to send them to Occupy@LiverpoolStudentMedia.com . We will sift through submissions daily and strive to publish all that we receive. There are no minimum or maximum word counts, no image or video quality requirements and no subversive agendas, we just want the opinions of those who want to be heard.

If you have anything to tell us via Twitter, please direct your tweets to @OccupyLSMedia, these too will be checked regularly and published each and every day. We are working closely with the Occupy Liverpool Facebook page, so if you want to have something published via them then simply write on their wall beginning with the hashtag #OccupyLSMedia and they too will be checked and added to the occupation.

You are the 99%. Be heard.

_______________________________________________________________

Important Announcement(s) from #OccupyLiverpool

Protest the Liverpool City Council Budget Question Time

5.30pm Thurs 27th October, Liverpool Town Hall, Dale Street.

—-

‘First General Assembly of Occupy Liverpool / International #Robinhood G20 Protest

Saturday 29th October. 12 Noon. Victoria Monument, Derby Square, Liverpool, Merseyside L2 7LX.

“Occupy Wall Street activists have called for worldwide protests ahead of Saturday’s G20 summit in France, demanding that the G20 leaders introduce a “Robin Hood” tax on high-finance transactions and currency trades by banks and institutions.” http://www.adbusters.org/blogs/adbusters-blog/robinhood.html

From 12 noon, we propose a general assembly of all related groups gather at this symbolic site, at which anyone is able to speak, exchange ideas, and propose further protest and strategy. Bring banners, signs, drums, instruments, megaphones, tents, blankets, communication tools, literature and songs.

When all present we can walk in solidarity with the #Robinhood Global March to Chavasse Park, Liverpool One. This area has significance in that it is a formerly public area, owned by the Duke of Westminster and now designated private land.

Those present can then vote to decide whether to continue a permanent assembly, and where it should be staged.

This movement is not just a protest against corruption in the financial sector, but a brave global experiment in participatory democracy.
An explosion in education is a catalyst for the development of a new rational consensus. The tools are now available. Let’s use them.

About the Author

- Alexander is Technology Editor for LSMedia. He is studying Art History at the Open University and lives in the grand old city of Liverpool. He enjoys Art, Cinema and Music along with other generic general interests. He takes great pleasure from referring to himself in the third person. Contact: Tech@LiverpoolStudentMedia.com