Published On: Tue, Sep 27th, 2011

LSMedia shortlisted for prestigious Guardian Award

Share This
Tags
On Monday 12th September, it was announced that LSMedia has been shortlisted by the prestigious Guardian Student Media Awards in the category of Website of the year, alongside four other Student Media websites. The judging panel included Tom Whitwell, editorial director of Times Digital and Peter Barron external relations director at Google UK.
Matt Healy, a recent graduate and former editor-in-chief of LSMedia, had this to say about being nominated during his tenure,
“I’m beyond thrilled that the work of LSMedia has been recognized by the panel for The Guardian’s SMA’s.
We’ve come a long way since the the launch of the site in 2008 and I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to see LSMedia progress from that initial start up to its current position. The site has improved vastly over the last few years and throughout the last academic year in particular due a strong committee structure across both written, as well as audio and visual content

I must stress that this site started on minimal funding, LSMedia would not have been in the position to reach the shortlist for these awards without a dedicated team of excellent contributors committing so much of their free time to the website outside of their University education.

LSMedia was started by students, for students. This is the way that student media should be and I would therefore like to say a huge thank all those who have contributed in the variety of forms that we offer to students at The University of Liverpool
With a new look website on its way soon and a recent brand overhaul, these are exciting times for the students at LSMedia, I have every faith that the site will continue to go from strength to strength over the next few years and beyond…” Matt added.
Dani Telford who has recently taken over from Matt as Editor-in-Chief has also expressed her delight at the nomination;
“I am delighted to hear LSMedia have been nominated for this award, particularly after all the hard work and effort put in by all of the team this year. I’d like to thank Matt for leading LSMedia to this success and I only hope to continue on this prosperous path’

“The committee have been working away throughout the summer to ensure that we begin the term with a flying start. This year promises great things for both the readers and writers alike. I’m thrilled to be in this position and to enhance our output with a refreshing new look alongside improved and innovative content”
The winning website will be announced at the Awards ceremony in November along with the other eight categories in the Guardian Student Media Awards 2011.

About the Author

- The LSMedia Web Team account is the omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent being behind the LSMedia website. It could also be described by a lot of other 'omnis', but hopefully not 'omnishambles'!